none
pxe-e16: no offer received for uefi client computers RRS feed

• Question

• anyone getting pxe-e16: no offer received for uefi client computers?

start pxe over ipv4

station ip address is xxx.xxx.xxx.xx

pxe-e16: no offer received

start pxe over ipv6

using same computer and change to bootmode to legacy but it has no problem boot to pxe.

dhcp is distributed by router with ip helper-address [ip address of sccm dp]. wds service is installed is sccm dp.

both router, sccm dp, pxe boot client are in the same network segement.

tried below 2 methods but it doesn't help.

1. disable NetBIOS over tcp/ip

2. reinstall wds to standalone mode

Friday, January 13, 2017 9:13 AM

Answers

• the issue was the antivirus. disable the antivirus solves the issue.
    • Marked as answer by j8f9 Wednesday, August 23, 2017 3:05 AM
    Wednesday, August 23, 2017 3:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According your description,you have already tried 2 most possible options.

1. If you install WDS on a server that's already running DHCP, during the configuration of WDS the DHCP Option 60 page will appear, and you can select both Do not listen on port 67 and Configure DHCP option 60 to “PXEClient”. If you install DHCP on a machine that already has WDS installed, you must manually enable option 60 in DHCP.

2.I suggest you to perform a network capture,to determine where is breaking down.Here is the link for Microsoft Network Monitor:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4865

Best Regards
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, January 16, 2017 8:06 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking to see if the problem has been resolved. If there's anything you'd like to know, don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 3:00 AM
  • the issue was the antivirus. disable the antivirus solves the issue.
    • Marked as answer by j8f9 Wednesday, August 23, 2017 3:05 AM
    Wednesday, August 23, 2017 3:05 AM
  • I was facing the same issue after I distributed content of another boot image on the WDS enabled DP.

Removing the content fixed my issue. However, I am still not sure, how having multiple boot image on the server can affect pxe boot of machines.

Thanks,

Aakash

Aakash Saxena

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 9:07 AM
  • I know you found your answer but in case others stumble unto your post as i have, on some Laptops a Bios update will be necessary
    Thursday, May 17, 2018 3:21 PM
  • can you specify more on the content? removing all images ? I've just added one to WDS which we tried to deploy via SCCM which has a task sequence could this be the issue?
    Monday, October 14, 2019 8:04 PM