Windows 2016 cluster repoted incorrect information in Validate System Health section RRS feed

• Question

• I launched cluster validation and got this:

Health Status: Warning. Existing fault(s) from cluster Storage Subsystem.
      Row Number Fault Id Faulting Object Description Fault Type Perceived Severity Reason Recommended Actions
      1 {c95c209d-6d34-4f46-90f8-22edefe85e59} Network adapter connected to cluster network 'Cluster Network 1' Microsoft.Health.FaultType.NetworkInterface.Missing Minor The server 'analyt02' has missing network adapter(s) connected to cluster network 'Cluster Network 1'. Connect the server to the missing cluster network.
      2 {b913caee-afcb-4f5e-85fb-25f0c198c667} Network adapter connected to cluster network 'Cluster Network 1' Microsoft.Health.FaultType.NetworkInterface.Missing Minor The server 'analyt03' has missing network adapter(s) connected to cluster network 'Cluster Network 1'. Connect the server to the missing cluster network.
      3 {383c2fff-dff2-43f2-aa43-c1024125ac1c} Network adapter connected to cluster network 'Cluster Network 1' Microsoft.Health.FaultType.NetworkInterface.Missing Minor The server 'analyt04' has missing network adapter(s) connected to cluster network 'Cluster Network 1'. Connect the server to the missing cluster network.
      4 {1d038a3e-a72f-4e9d-99c5-967867a9e11a} Network adapter connected to cluster network 'Cluster Network 1' Microsoft.Health.FaultType.NetworkInterface.Missing Minor The server 'analyt01' has missing network adapter(s) connected to cluster network 'Cluster Network 1'. Connect the server to the missing cluster network.
      5 {1f8e78b1-b5ed-4fbd-8369-c867b00f031f} Network adapter connected to cluster network 'Cluster Network 1' Microsoft.Health.FaultType.NetworkInterface.Missing Minor The server 'analyt05' has missing network adapter(s) connected to cluster network 'Cluster Network 1'. Connect the server to the missing cluster network.

But there isn't 'Cluster Network 1' in the cluster networks:

PS C:\> Get-ClusterNetwork
    Name          State Metric             Role
    ----          ----- ------             ----
    Managment        Up  70384 ClusterAndClient
    SMB Network 1    Up  30081          Cluster
    SMB Network 2    Up  30080          Cluster

How can I fix this issue?

• Edited by Uncletimmy3 Wednesday, May 3, 2017 10:14 AM
    Wednesday, May 3, 2017 10:13 AM

Answers

• I'm suspecting a bug?  This update https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4025334 ended up resolving it for me.  
    • Proposed as answer by Qloro4m Friday, August 4, 2017 6:01 PM
    • Marked as answer by Uncletimmy3 Tuesday, August 21, 2018 9:30 AM
    Friday, August 4, 2017 6:01 PM

All replies

• Those are faults being returned by the Health Service, and Validate is just displaying those faults.  So I'm assuming this is an S2D solution?

If run the following you can query the health service directly for the faults.  What do you see?

Get-StorageSubSystem *Cluster* | Debug-StorageSubSystem

Thanks!
    Elden

Thursday, May 4, 2017 3:45 AM
  • Those are faults being returned by the Health Service, and Validate is just displaying those faults.  So I'm assuming this is an S2D solution?

If run the following you can query the health service directly for the faults.  What do you see?

Get-StorageSubSystem *Cluster* | Debug-StorageSubSystem

Thanks!
    Elden

Yeah, it's S2D solution. And yes, Debug-StorageSubSystem shows the same errors.

PS C:\> Get-StorageSubSystem -FriendlyName "Clus*" | Debug-StorageSubSystem

Severity: Minor

Reason         : The server 'analyt01' has missing network adapter(s) connected to cluster network 'Cluster Network 1'.
    Recommendation : Connect the server to the missing cluster network.
    Location       : Server 'analyt01', Supermicro, X10DRi, 123456789, Network Adapter connected to 'Cluster Network 1'
    Description    : Network adapter connected to cluster network 'Cluster Network 1'

Reason         : The server 'analyt05' has missing network adapter(s) connected to cluster network 'Cluster Network 1'.
    Location       : Server 'analyt05', Supermicro, Super Server, 0123456789, Network Adapter connected to 'Cluster Network 1'
    Description    : Network adapter connected to cluster network 'Cluster Network 1'

Reason         : The server 'analyt04' has missing network adapter(s) connected to cluster network 'Cluster Network 1'.
    Location       : Server 'analyt04', Supermicro, Super Server, 0123456789, Network Adapter connected to 'Cluster Network 1'

Reason         : The server 'analyt02' has missing network adapter(s) connected to cluster network 'Cluster Network 1'.
    Location       : Server 'analyt02', Supermicro, X10DRi, 123456789, Network Adapter connected to 'Cluster Network 1'

Reason         : The server 'analyt03' has missing network adapter(s) connected to cluster network 'Cluster Network 1'.
    Location       : Server 'analyt03', Supermicro, X10DRi, 123456789, Network Adapter connected to 'Cluster Network 1'

Thursday, May 4, 2017 4:44 AM
  • Hi Sir,

Have you checked the registry for cluster network:

"HKLM\Cluster\Networks"

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 4, 2017 9:33 AM
  • Hi Sir,

Have you checked the registry for cluster network:

"HKLM\Cluster\Networks"

Yes, and there is no such network. I suppose reboot cluster's nodes may help, but I want to find a solution without rebooting.
    Thursday, May 4, 2017 10:05 AM
  • Hi Sir,

How are things going ?

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 9:19 AM
  • I am getting the same issue. Cluster Network 1 is being reported but doesn't exist.

Any ideas how to clear this without rebooting all our nodes in the cluster?

Microsoft Partner

Friday, May 19, 2017 2:15 PM
  • I have encountered this exact same issue.  

Get-StorageSubSystem -FriendlyName "Clus*" | Debug-StorageSubSystem returns:

The server 'SERVERNAME' has missing network adapter(s) connected to cluster network 'Cluster Network 2'.
    Connect the server to the missing cluster network.
    Server 'SERVERNAME', Dell Inc., PowerEdge R730xd, 26X9XG2, Network Adapter connected to 'Cluster Network 2'
    Network adapter connected to cluster network 'Cluster Network 2'

A Get-ClusterNetwork returns my existing networks with no reference to 'Cluster Network 2'

There is NO reference in the registry of the Hyper-V servers or the VMM server to 'Cluster Network 2'

A reboot of the nodes does NOT have any effect.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Thursday, July 20, 2017 1:49 PM
  • Same issue here - briefly the subnet mask was wrong on my adapters, which triggered the warning.  I fixed the mask but cluster validation still throws this message.  Reboot, etc. does not help.
    Friday, August 4, 2017 4:27 PM
  • I'm suspecting a bug?  This update https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4025334 ended up resolving it for me.  
    • Proposed as answer by Qloro4m Friday, August 4, 2017 6:01 PM
    • Marked as answer by Uncletimmy3 Tuesday, August 21, 2018 9:30 AM
    Friday, August 4, 2017 6:01 PM
  • Simply rebooting the nodes one at a time worked for me.
    Monday, August 21, 2017 6:56 PM