none
How to set number of group members? RRS feed

• Question

• Dears,

We have several locations in our organization that are divided into groups at AAD. Each group has a license assigned that is automatically assigned to members of this group. I would like to limit the number of members of individual groups so as not to exceed the number of licenses intended for the group. Unfortunately, I don't see this option anywhere in Azure. Groups are synchronized to the AAD from our local AD in which it is also not possible to set the number of members of a particular group other than the default.

Do you have any idea how to do this? No matter in AD or AAD.                                                            I will be very grateful for all the subordinates.

• Edited by Antoonioo Tuesday, June 30, 2020 4:17 PM
    Tuesday, June 30, 2020 4:16 PM

All replies

• I don't think we can limit the members on AD or AAD groups, you may be consider dynamic groups in Azure

Regards,
    Ganesamoorthy.S
    www.windowstricks.in)

Tuesday, June 30, 2020 6:08 PM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Vicky

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 3, 2020 2:09 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Vicky

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 6, 2020 6:42 AM
  • Dears,

Unfortunately, these must be AD or AAD groups, they cannot be dynamic groups.

I am thinking about a script in powershell that will send an e-mail to the indicated user with information on the number of members in the group, e.g. 200 members.

• Edited by Antoonioo Thursday, July 9, 2020 9:16 PM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2020 3:05 PM
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your update. If you consider using a script, you can post to the forum of the script
    reference:
    Hope this information can help you
    Best wishes
    Vicky

Thursday, July 16, 2020 9:06 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Vicky

Wednesday, July 22, 2020 8:45 AM