none
Find Solution RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone ;

I have a problem and i would like someone can help me to give me a good idea for my problem ,

I have 15 people in other state working trough the RPD in the same Server at the same time they uses the resources of the server and the people on the LAN has much interrupt when they are working with different systems  in the server. I would like one solution that those people out of the company can work without connected to  through RDP.
    Monday, April 8, 2019 12:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>I would like one solution that those people out of the company can work without connected to  through RDP.
    If only resources, such as share folders, you can consider of using VPN instead of RDP. Establish VPN from anywhere outside to your internal network and access internal resources.

If the resources means Remote App on Session Host, RDS would be recommended.

>the people on the LAN has much interrupt when they are working with different systems in the server.
    I am not sure what interrupt you mean, if crushing and such performance problem happens when multi sessions established. Please make sure that there is enough free resources (such as Network, Disk, RAM and etc. you can check the resources usage via Task Manager) available on session host.

Also, patch your RDS system fully with Windows Update/Hotfix is also helpful for improving the performance and resolving some known issues.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 6:14 AM
  • Good Morning Mr Wang 

Thanks for the answers ,I am appreciate that , but my server has 64 GB of Ram , 1TB of Hard Disk and the Network is good too, do you think that those requirements are good.I am sorry to bother you but i am new in this field and i would like to learn. My company every day is grow up quickly and my concern  is that we have only one Server , i do not know how many RDP connection the windows server 2012 r2 hold , do you know some tools or software to sync data if i buy a new server , like i said two server working it at the same time and the data is going up to date in both server ,i can do that...please let me know. 

Thanks 

Yoisbel

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 1:39 PM
  • Hi,

For RDS deployment, production environment working load decides the hardware requirements. 

Article “Performance Tuning Remote Desktop Session Hosts” provides detail description about it, just for your reference:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/performance-tuning/role/remote-desktop/session-hosts

As you had mentioned that the company every day is grow up quickly, it is recommended to add more servers to existing deployment and configure high ability to cooperate to share work and provides the function of fault tolerance.

Detail configuration depends on the server role which you had installed on existing server. For example, for DC, we can configure a replica DC as a backup. For RDS, we can configure HA for each component, such as RD SH farm, RD CB HA and etc. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 12, 2019 6:37 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang 

Monday, April 15, 2019 1:59 AM
  • Good Morning Sr 

I have Magaya Cargo Install on the Server Windows Server 2012 R2 , a lot of people working on that system at the same time , in a LAN and out of LAN through remote desktop , but the main problem is that the system is vital for the company and always the system is down , at that moment i dont know what is the problem, i do not know if i have to upgrade the server add more ram and more hard disk or the system is the problem.Please any solution is going to be important for me..

Best Regards,

Yoisbel

Monday, April 15, 2019 12:58 PM
  • Hi,

As mentioned above, whether hardware improvement is necessary depends on hardware resources usage. For example, if your RAM, DISK, NETWORK and etc. is enough to be used during the rush hour.

As it is production environment, it is recommended to add another server as back up for fault tolerance, and load balance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 6:24 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Thursday, April 18, 2019 2:11 AM
  • good Morning Sr 

Well the solution until now that i think that is not the solution but for the moment is working is , i am not enter to the server at the same time that  They are doing their work, once time i enter the server to do something the system is going down again, well i will let you know if i can find another solution .

Best regards

Yoisbel.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 2:47 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your updating. If there is any more questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Friday, April 19, 2019 7:00 AM