none
how to Enable FSRM in windows server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed Windows server 2012 Beta version for testing. I have installed file and storage services. I am trying to configure SMB share Advance setting and it is asking me to configure FSRM services . from where would I install FSRM services in Windows server 2012.

Please help me with this.

Thank you.

$@$

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 4:30 AM

Answers

• Hello Saswati,

While you are adding roles ; File And Storage Services => File Services => File Server Resource Manager .

Sincerely,

Murat Demirkiran

If the post helps you and remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. www.scvmm2012.com (TR Language) Please note that I'm not a Microsoft Representative or SpokesPerson.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 6:50 AM

All replies

• Hello Saswati,

While you are adding roles ; File And Storage Services => File Services => File Server Resource Manager .

Sincerely,

Murat Demirkiran

If the post helps you and remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. www.scvmm2012.com (TR Language) Please note that I'm not a Microsoft Representative or SpokesPerson.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 6:50 AM
  • Hello Saraswati,

You can either run Add Roles Wizard and select the "File Server Resource Manager" feature as Murat mentioned or you can use the powershell command to install the feature. The powershell command is:

Install-WindowsFeature -Name FS-Resource-Manager, RSAT-FSRM-Mgmt

This will install the both powershell as well as management support for FSRM

Friday, May 25, 2012 9:44 PM
  • The powershell solution worked very well once I ran it as an admin.
    Wednesday, December 19, 2012 4:21 PM
  • Thanks a ton !!! It worked like a charm
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 4:27 AM