none
Inter-Site Topology Generator shows Invalid Server and Site RRS feed

• Question

• I am in the process of replacing the Windows 2003 R2 DCs in my branch offices with Windows 2008 R2 RODCs. I am using a hub and spoke topology and my hub DCs are Windows 2008 R2. When I go to AD Sites and Services, Sites, Site-name, NTDS Site Settings, on the Site Settings tab under Inter-Site Topology Generator it shows Invalid for the Server and Site entries. I wonder if I need to use the attribute editor to delete some values. I have another new site that started with a RODC and the ISTG values appear to be NULL. Is this something that is important? How do I fix it?

I have another site that just got its new RODC yesterday where the original W2K3 R2 DC is offline, but it appears as the ISTG. I am getting several ActiveDirectory_DomainService events 1311, 1865, 2904, 1566

Log Name:      Directory Service
    Source:        Microsoft-Windows-ActiveDirectory_DomainService
    Date:          3/23/2011 12:07:19 PM
    Event ID:      1311
    Task Category: Knowledge Consistency Checker
    Level:         Error
    Keywords:      Classic
    User:          ANONYMOUS LOGON
    Computer:      BRDC2.domain.com
    Description:
    The Knowledge Consistency Checker (KCC) has detected problems with the following directory partition.

Directory partition:
    CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=com

There is insufficient site connectivity information for the KCC to create a spanning tree replication topology. Or, one or more directory servers with this directory partition are unable to replicate the directory partition information. This is probably due to inaccessible directory servers.

User Action
    Perform one of the following actions:
    - Publish sufficient site connectivity information so that the KCC can determine a route by which this directory partition can reach this site. This is the preferred option.
    - Add a Connection object to a directory service that contains the directory partition in this site from a directory service that contains the same directory partition in another site.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 8:00 PM

Answers

All replies