Unable to resume DFSR replication - Event 4004 (tombstoned) RRS feed

• Question

• I have a 2 member replication group. One member was unable to replicate for more than 60 days, and as expected DFSR stopped replication. This was a known issue so I disabled the folder target on the troubled server so new changes were committed to the secondary server. This is something I've worked on before, and I've tried the normal resolution with no luck.

1. Delete DfsrPrivate folders from both members

2. Delete replication group

3. Force AD replication / DFSRDIAG pollad

4. Recreate replication group

5. Confirmed the good copy is set as primary (dfsradmin)

6. Force AD replication / DFSRDIAG pollad

7. Restart DFS Replication service on both members

However, I'm still getting Event 4004 Error 9098 in the event log stating that replication has stopped and that a tombstoned content set deletion has been scheduled. Nothing states that initial replication is due to take place.

What am I missing?

Any help is appreciated! 

Thursday, December 31, 2015 3:30 PM

Answers

• Hi WWood,

Thanks for your post.

Could you please follow the steps to try again,

1. Backup Data
    2. Delete the replication group
    3. Force AD replication
    4. dfsrdiag pollad
    5. Confirm in the DFS Replication Events that there is an event 4010 stating that the replication folder has been removed.
    6. Rename the replicated folder in Explorer to something else
    7. Create a new folder which will be the new replication folder
    8. re enable replication between servers ensuring the correct server is set to Primary
    9. dfsrdiag pollad
    10. Monitor logs and resource monitor disk activity on the source and destination servers to confirm replication is occurring.

And if it still doesn't work, you may need to clear database and redo the initial replication.

Please refer to the thread discussed before,

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/windowsserver/en-US/dfd56f75-a5ea-4cd2-92a3-f436f3aa8e55/dfs-replication-error-event-id-4004

Best Regards,

Mary Dong

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mary Dong Wednesday, January 6, 2016 8:36 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mary Dong Thursday, January 7, 2016 1:51 AM
    Friday, January 1, 2016 2:04 AM