none
How to set up proxy server

Question

• hello

I am dealing with server 2008 std an my goal is to be albe so set op a proxy server on my local network, so I am able to control which websites is allowed allowed, and at the same time get to learn about how a proxy actually works. I have seached a lot around the net but I havent been able to find any kind of guid that show how you set up your computer to work as a proxyserver for you local network. I found the windows server 2008 connection manager administration kit, but I can only creat auto dialers for vpn servers with that and VPN connections isn't neccesary for me since the server only has to between the local net and the internet.

I really hope someone can explain or show me a guid about how to set up a proper proxy server.
    Monday, May 11, 2009 10:02 PM

Answers

• Hey,
    Isn't it great when people just push you else where rather than help?
    Anyway, Windows 2008 server (and 2000,2003) comes with RRAS.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd458971(WS.10).aspx

There is a guide that tells you how to configure this.
    Essentially turn it on, and then right click and use the wizard to configure it as a router between two networks :)
    • Proposed as answer by Th3_0ne Friday, June 12, 2009 9:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by Pan Zhang Wednesday, January 02, 2013 1:25 AM
    Friday, June 12, 2009 9:20 PM

All replies

• NAP has nothing to do with what you want to do. You can post it under the web tech forum: Windows Server 2008 R2 Web Technologies
    Wednesday, May 13, 2009 12:34 AM
  • Hey,
    Isn't it great when people just push you else where rather than help?
    Anyway, Windows 2008 server (and 2000,2003) comes with RRAS.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd458971(WS.10).aspx

There is a guide that tells you how to configure this.
    Essentially turn it on, and then right click and use the wizard to configure it as a router between two networks :)
    • Proposed as answer by Th3_0ne Friday, June 12, 2009 9:20 PM
    • Marked as answer by Pan Zhang Wednesday, January 02, 2013 1:25 AM
    Friday, June 12, 2009 9:20 PM
  • NAP has nothing to do with what you want to do. You can post it under the web tech forum: Windows Server 2008 R2 Web Technologies

Yeah, standard reply when someone doesn't know the answer.  Although this isn't a NAP question ArthurYan should not have sent him packing.  Thanks for answering Th3_0ne.

Friday, May 27, 2011 6:32 PM