none
IPAM audit task fails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

IPAM is on a Server 2012 R2 host.  It pulls data from DC/DHCP/DNS on a Server 2012 host.

In the event catalog, there's data about IP addresses, MAC addresses, and hostnames...but no usernames.

In the IPAM Event Log, it says "The IPAM audit task failed to collect Authentication events from Domain Controller XXX-DC01.XXX.local due to the following error: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object."

The security event log on XXX-DC01 is 328MB and contains 606,000 entries.

The Windows Firewall on both servers is off.  I've rebooted both servers.  Thoughts or ideas?

Thank you!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014 5:31 AM

Answers

• An MS tech told me that an update for IPAM on Server 2012 R2 will be released in the 3rd week of June.  Will wait to see if it fixes this problem.
    Saturday, May 31, 2014 8:15 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my understanding, either IPAM didn’t granted the correct permission to access DC or firewall blocked the traffic.

DC/NPS

Membership of ‘Event Log Readers’ security group

Remote Event Log Management (RPC)

Remote Event Log Management (RPC-EPMAP)

Logon event collection for IP address tracking

I recommend you follow the article check your own provisioning:
    Walkthrough: Demonstrate IPAM in Windows Server 2012

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-in/library/hh831622.aspx

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 9:52 AM
  • I've opened a case with MS support about this. Am awaiting a call back tomorrow (Wednesday).
    Tuesday, May 27, 2014 6:34 PM
  • An MS tech told me that an update for IPAM on Server 2012 R2 will be released in the 3rd week of June.  Will wait to see if it fixes this problem.
    Saturday, May 31, 2014 8:15 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the inforamtion.

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 2:07 AM