none
Set mouse pointer problem with multipe screens RRS feed

• Question

• We use Window Server 2012 R2 Version 6.3 (Build 9600).To access our application we use Web Access for remote desktop.

In our application we set the mouse pointer over a command via "Cursor.Position". It works well when the local pc have only one screen. It works also well when the local pc have two screens in the configuration [1|2]. If the configuration of the screens on the local pc is [2|1] it set the mouse pointer to the right border of the screen.

It works also well in each screen configuration when we run our application in Win7, Win8 or Win10.

We have not found any way to detect the error case and no way to solve it.

I have prepared a small test program. With this program I can reproduce the problem.

Any idea how we can solve this problem?

Best regards.

Friday, January 24, 2020 1:12 PM

All replies

• Development issues are better addressed somewhere on MSDN, possibly over here.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsdesktop/en-US/home?category=windowsdesktopdev

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, January 24, 2020 2:15 PM
  • Hi,

When we tried to change the display configuration[1][2] to [2][1], I consider this is a normal behavior.

Right click a blank area on the desktop.  Left click Personalize, Display settings.  In the Monitor window that opens you should see your two monitors.  Find out which is which by clicking Identify Monitors.  Click and drag the right hand monitor left to the left of the original left monitor and release the drag.  That should change the positions of the two monitors so that the mouse motions should be the way you want them.

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 27, 2020 8:02 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the answer. That's not the answer I was expecting.

Our customer has over 50 different Win10 PC's with different screen configurations from 1 to 3 screens and all of them connect via Web Access for remote desktop to Server 2012.

It is not acceptable for our customer to change the configuration of each PC to make the application work properly.

From our limited view "Cursor.Position" to set the mouse cursor does not work correctly in this environment. Is there a chance that someone can take a closer look at this?

As I said: I have a test program with which I can reproduce this behaviour. I can provide this with source code.

Best regards.
    Tuesday, January 28, 2020 2:07 PM