none
Managing Servers and Security RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,  I need help on this and i have google and tested for few hours already and my test failed. So ,  i have these requirements :

We are running on Windows 2008 R2, 2012 and 2016

I want to allow a group of users/operators to manage 10 servers. They will allow to:

a:Reboot

b:restart services 

c: delete or managing files or folder(especially when space are full and and they need to perform housekeeping.

I try to add myself to backup operator(local grp) but i can't do anything. I can't open computer management, i cant access services.msc and etc...

How can I allow my users/operators to perform these tasks without adding them to local admin? Do i need to edit GPO to allow them to perform their tasks?

Thanks !

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 7:30 AM

Answers

• Hi,

>>Reboot

User security policy  "Shut down the system" under GPO-- Computer Configuration -- Policies -- Windows Setting -- Security Settings -- Local Policies -- User Rights Assignment

>>restart services

If add the user to specific local groups and all settings under User Rights Assignment are could't achieve your needs, then I think you need add the user to administrators group.

>>delete or managing files or folder

Assign NTFS permission for the user.

Best Regards,

William

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by SK l Friday, September 27, 2019 3:44 AM
    Thursday, September 26, 2019 10:23 AM

All replies