none
OneDrive Traffic RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Not Sure if this is the correct place to ask this question but here goes.

I want to limit the bandwidth that our clients could access OneDrive, but for both within a web browser and the OneDrive Client. The only documentation I've seen is for the OneDrive Client. Is this possible using QoS via Group Policy, or would some other method be more appropriate? We'd even consider blocking access via browser and only using the client if that was the only way to do it.

We want our users to be able to upload and download Documents (and other typically small files) but discourage downloading of Movies and other Large files).

I don't have access to administer our OneDrive/Sharepoint Online configuration (cloud-side). I can only change client-side settings via GPO etc.

If someone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Thank you,

Michael

Saturday, October 19, 2019 8:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Michael,

We can’t limit the bandwidth for web browser One Drive.

As a workaround, we recommend using network quality of service (QoS) policies or Windows QoS policies when possible.

If you can't use these policies, you can use the network throughput policies provided by the sync app or let users choose their throughput settings as shown below:

More references:

Network utilization planning for the OneDrive sync app

Change the OneDrive sync app upload or download rate

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, October 21, 2019 9:32 AM
  • Hi Michael,

I’m checking how the things are going on about this issue. Whether the post helps you?

You can mark the post as answer if it helps.

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 1:16 AM