none
Integrated windows authentication RD Webaccess 2016\2019 using firefox RRS feed

• Question

• Enabling windows authentication in IIS for the RDWEB and Pages webapp results in the following error when using Firefox:

Error loading stylesheet: Parsing an XSLT stylesheet failed.

Using Edge/Internet Explorer and Chrome results in a working rdweb page.

Firefox does present a authentication prompt so the IWA seems to be working. To make sure the issue isn't being caused by systems or software on our clients, I've installed the firefox browser on the rdweb server itself and tested rdweb with IWA which resulted in the same error.

I've tried changing the user agent string of the browser to make sure that wasn't the issue but that didn;t seem to help.

When using Fidller to troubleshoot this further, prevents the issue from happening. I'm stumped.

Using form based authentication seems to work fine.

Has anyone run into this behaviour or could point in me the right direction to get this to work?

Friday, June 21, 2019 3:48 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If problem only happens on specific browser, if possible, it is recommended to contact the browser’s supporter/official website and confirm with them if there is any configuration/add-in which supports the compatibility for windows authentication.

In general, Windows system built-in IE and Edge are recommended.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 24, 2019 5:03 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang  

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 7:29 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Friday, June 28, 2019 3:27 AM