none
DNS Scavenging-static entries changing to dynamic

    Question

  • I have searched around for an answer to this, but was unable to find anything. We are looking to implement DNS scavenging on 2008 R2 domain and we made some of our servers static entries. A couple days later I noticed these entries have timestamps, like they changed to dynamic. We would like our servers to be static so they are not eligible for scavenging because we are going to have a pretty aggressive scavenging interval set. Has anyone seen this issue before?
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 10:24 PM

Answers

All replies

  • Hello,

    Can I have the snap of that? In addition read it. http://blogs.technet.com/b/networking/archive/2008/03/19/don-t-be-afraid-of-dns-scavenging-just-be-patient.aspx


    Regards
    Biswajit Biswas

    My Blogs|MCC |TNWiki Ninja

    Best regards Biswajit Biswas Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. MCP 2003,MCSA 2003, MCSA:M 2003, CCNA, MCTS, Enterprise Admin



    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 8:59 AM
  • Could anyone move it in DSFORUM?

    Regards
    Biswajit Biswas

    My Blogs|MCC|TNWiki Ninja

    Best regards Biswajit Biswas Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. MCP 2003,MCSA 2003, MCSA:M 2003, CCNA, MCTS, Enterprise Admin


    • Edited by i.biswajith Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:01 AM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:01 AM
  • I actually don't have access to the server at the moment, it is a clients.

    Thanks, but I have already read that article and it isn't much help to our DNS entries changing. I get the scavenging, we just have some records that were manually created as static entries. Well now, instead of saying "static" in the timestamp column it shows a date and time, like they changed to dynamic entries. 

    Thursday, February 14, 2013 3:50 PM