none
Poor image quality v10 RRS feed

• Question

• I work at home but I have to log in to a computer all day long, which is in another city, for my day job. I use MRD v8 on Mac since 5 years and everything's fine. I try sometimes to use the V10, but the quality of the image is quite poor, a little blurry, like if I was looking at an old VGA screen almost broken. Compare to V8, it is like night and day. I tried to change settings, I tried default settings, nothing works. Is this a problem that someone have of had? Can someone help me with this, before V8 doesn't work anymore ? Thanks !
    Thursday, October 10, 2019 1:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If possible, please try to customize the display resolution and check the result:
    1. In the Connection Center, click Preferences -> Resolution -> +.
    2. Enter a resolution height and width, click OK to save the change.

If problem persists, please download the Mac beta client and new remote connection to check the result:
    1. Go to Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac and click Download:
    https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=619698
    2. If you already have the client, you can check for updates to ensure you have the latest version. Click Microsoft Remote Desktop Beta at the top, and then click Check for updates.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 11, 2019 2:11 AM
  • Hi ! Thank you for your answer. I think I got it. I had to edit the desktop I was using, went to Display, and check Optimize for Retina Display (even if I am using a second monitor at 1080p for this RD) and Update the session resolution on resize. I have to really compare, but the image is much better now. Thank you again !
    Friday, October 11, 2019 7:09 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to share details. Your share might be helpful for other people who has similar problem. 

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 14, 2019 7:20 AM