none
Windows 2016 cluster quorum type RRS feed

• Question

• I changed to use fileshare witness of the cluster witness but the quorum type is still "majority" not NodeandfileshareMajority?

Monday, November 26, 2018 2:18 AM

All replies

• anyone has idea ?
    Monday, November 26, 2018 5:48 AM
  • anyone see this in your environment ?

Monday, November 26, 2018 10:32 AM
  • anyone has idea ?
    Monday, November 26, 2018 4:43 PM
  • What is the status of your file share witness in Failover Cluster Management? Did you check failover cluster events for any alerts?

Microsoft Certified Professional

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Monday, November 26, 2018 7:35 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in our forum!

I did the test in my experimental environment, and the result is the same as your screenshot. I think this is normal in Windows server 2016. please see my screenshot below:

In addition, I did the same test in windows server 2012R2,it shows Node and file share majority, just like below:

So I think it is a normal phenomenon of version differences.

Hope this information can help you, if you have any question, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 3:04 AM
  • oh.... so how to distinct nodeandfileshare and nodeanddisk majority in windows 2016 ?
    Tuesday, November 27, 2018 3:18 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

We can see what type of cluster quorum is in the quorum resource. just like this:

We can also see the type of quorum in the Cluster Manager interface.

Hope this can help you, if you have any question, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Daniel

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 3:50 AM
  • is it a bug or something ? why not display in quorumtype in windows 2016 ?
    Tuesday, November 27, 2018 7:18 AM
  • I think Microsoft renamed the QuorumType in Windows Server 2016, before it was called NodeMajority or NodeAndFileShareMajority, now it's just named Majority for both options. I'm guessing that the naming is related to Dynamic Quorum feature. Your Quorum is configured correctly. 

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 8:03 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

This is not a bug, just it is named majority, Your Quorum is configured correctly. Probably because of dynamic arbitration,i am not sure.

Hope this can help you, if you have any question, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 8:56 AM
  • dynamic arbitration ? what's this ?
    Tuesday, November 27, 2018 9:45 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

I apologize for my misrepresentation, I expressed is "dynamic quorum" instead of "dynamic arbitration". please trust your quorum is configured correctly.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 1:00 PM
  • Hi,

Hope you are doing well!

I haven't received your reply for a while, how is the problem now, if there is anything I need to help, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Daniel

Thursday, November 29, 2018 2:22 AM
  • so can't  change back as in windows 2012
    ?
    Friday, November 30, 2018 3:26 PM
  • What exactly would you like to change back? Are you experiencing any issues with your cluster? Your quorum is configured correctly. 

Friday, November 30, 2018 8:32 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply!

From the point of view of my current experiments, in windows server 2016,it shows majority, your quorum is configured correctly.

Thanks for your understanding and have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Daniel

Friday, November 30, 2018 11:22 PM
  • Hi,
    This is Daniel and wish you all the best!
    Was your issue solved?
    If you have any question, please feel free to let me know.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel

Monday, December 3, 2018 1:31 AM
  • Hi,

Hope you are doing well!

I haven't received your reply for a while, how is the problem now, if your problem is solved, would you please share your experience with us? if there is anything need to help, please let me know.

In addition, if anyone’s reply is helpful to your problem, please mark it as an answer at your convenience so that other people wo have similar problem can refer to. I appreciate your cooperation!

Best Regards,

Daniel

Wednesday, December 5, 2018 1:41 AM