none
permissions with window server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Dear whom read my question

At first Good Afternoon

I am a server administrator (MCITP window server 2008R2) and my operating system now is window server 2012 standard edition

we have in our institution a department for graphics and design ,users of this department used new fonts for their works , my questions is how I can give them permission to install new fonts on their machines without needing to server administrator credentials ,this in general case

and a special case how I can give them permission to install brushes of photoshop without needing server administrator credentials

please I need a real solution for my problem and thank you for all

Regards 

Sunday, August 11, 2013 11:03 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Regarding your request, maybe we should grant domain users Local Admin rights use Restricted Group. For details, please refer to the following article.

How to Make a Domain User the Local Administrator for all PCs

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/7833.how-to-make-a-domain-user-the-local-administrator-for-all-pcs.aspx

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 1:22 PM
  • Hi,

Regarding your request, maybe we should grant domain users Local Admin rights use Restricted Group. For details, please refer to the following article.

How to Make a Domain User the Local Administrator for all PCs

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/7833.how-to-make-a-domain-user-the-local-administrator-for-all-pcs.aspx

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

Hi Andy Qi

at first let me introduce you my thanks for your very important help,but I have some notes or let me explain my issue in more details;

what you mentioned about restricted group this make the user have administrator permission on his computer this is well for a person whom work as a  desk support and this case was one of my problems and you now solved it, but sir please note what I posted in this issue is a different case ; I want to give the permission to simple users (not desk support) to install fonts as well as brushes of photo shop just and again just this no more ; but if I use the local admin in restricted group manner the user will be able to do every thing in his computer and I do not need this, again I want them just be able to install fonts , brushes of photo shop

so please Andy try help me in this issue and very very necessary to me finding the solution for it ,even if you can find a solution for part of the issue (font installation or brushes of photo shop installation) but I hope to find solution for two parts  

again thank you for your time and help

I am waiting your answer and if you can share this  issue with your friends whom have experience with this types of issues

thank you so much

Regards 

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 4:47 AM
  • Hello,

C:\Windows\Fonts - Writable only by Admins

So administrator need to give you write permission to this folder for normal user.

Devaraj G | Technical solution architect

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 4:47 PM
  • Hello,

C:\Windows\Fonts - Writable only by Admins

So administrator need to give you write permission to this folder for normal user.

Devaraj G | Technical solution architect

Dear Devaraj

thank you for this help

but can you please give me the steps of the procedure that I must do

I am server administrator with window server 2012 and have so many clients with window 7 ,xp,8

so how I make the folder of fonts in each work station with writable permission to normal user

and have any information for the brushes of photo shop

thank you again

Regards 

Thursday, August 15, 2013 6:10 AM