none
Problem joining AD controller RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

win server 2016 installed on a new server.

One vm created, win server 2016 installed with updates, holds AD and WSUS services, works fine.

2nd vm creates, win server 2016 installed with updates, installed exchange server 2016 (CU13, AD roles were created)=> reboot.

After reboot of 2nd vm several issues on 2nd vm:

* win updates tries to install KB 4507459, runs until 99% (3 hours, and at 99% after reboot tells in startup blue screen "impossible de terminer les mises à jours, annulation des modifications") (means impossible to finish installing updates, rolling back updates). Retried several times, same failure each time. Why why why? How can I see what's wrong?

* worst but (perhaps related): at restart, in server manager, I immediatly  get an error:

"SDATA - En ligne - Échec de récupération des données 19-07-19 17:13:27 "

(online, faiure to recover data).

Task details shows that a service is not started... but I don't get any information/error code.

I can see a red flag in local server manager:

Several issues can be seen: unpossible to add roles

Error:

---------------------------
    Gestionnaire de serveur
    Le Gestionnaire de serveur collecte les données de l’inventaire. L’Assistant sera disponible une fois la collecte des données terminée.
    OK   

If I click on local server, I can see a lot of "inconnu" (unknown)

If I click on unknown near win defender, then button "open windows defender", I get an error message:

---
    C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\msascui.exe

Windows ne parvient pas à accéder au périphérique, au chemin d’accès ou au fichier spécifié. Vous ne disposez peut-être pas des autorisations appropriées pour avoir accès à l’élément.
    ---

I an double click the file. Everything happens as if domain admin was not a local admin. or could not contact primary AD.

However I could log on. I can see AD users list. DNS and internet are fine.

Any hint?

Alain Bourgeois

Friday, July 19, 2019 3:35 PM

Answers

All replies

• Not clear what you're trouble shooting. For domain join issues I'd check the domain controller and problem member both have the static ip address of DC listed for DNS and no others such as router or public DNS

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, July 19, 2019 4:00 PM
  • It's not a domain join issue.

Machine joined the domain (it has exchange installed and it is unpossible to install exchange on the server if you are not logged in to the domain).

The problem at restart after installing exchange is this strange error message about actualisation (refresh in English). But the machine is in the domain, I can log on to domain (no error at log on). Both ip's are static and there is no network problem: DNS (from primary) works and internet can be reached. Also updates can be downloaded but fail to install after reboot (...30%...40%...80%...99% error).

Alain Bourgeois

Friday, July 19, 2019 4:46 PM
  • Then the subject is misleading. To the issue with exchange you'll find more exchange experts over here in dedicated forums.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-us/home?category=exchangeserver

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Friday, July 19, 2019 4:56 PM
  • Hi ,

You could mark the useful reply as answer if you want to end this thread up.

If there is anything else we can do for you, please feel free to post in the forum.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 6:11 AM