none
Installing two Wireless adapters on Windows Server 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Friends & Experts,

I have Windows Server 2016 running. Since I have limited physical space where the server is mounted, I have to depend on Wireless connections.

Now, here's the infrastructure- The server is connected to the ISP through a Wireless network (Wi Fi adapter # 1). I can fully access the internet.

I need a Wireless LAN to be operational to connect PC(s) to the server. Accordingly, I will use NAT to translate LAN packets to WAN.

My questions here-

1. How do I do this ?

2. Will I require a Wifi router for the WLAN or do I install a Wifi adapter ?

3. If I install a Wifi adapter, it will not broadcast anything, how will I then connect my PC(s) to the server ?

4. Once the above issues related to Wireless LAN are sorted out, how do I start IIS to host a website ?

I am desperately looking for expert advice with regards to the above questions.

Thanks !

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 4:53 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

You might contact the vendor of the router, that should give you the information you need.

If the router is configured correctly,by default they should get their network config from the router.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 6:41 AM