none
Microphone hear speaker RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

We´re using Windows Server 2019 as Session host server where are connected our employees. We´re starting using Softphone solution, but problem is that our client hear itself, which means , microphone hear all sounds from users desktop. If user will play any music, microphone hear it.

Can you please help me with that how to solve it ?

We´re using USB headsets redirecting as remote audio.

Thank you

• Edited by crawn23 Wednesday, September 11, 2019 11:57 AM
    Wednesday, September 11, 2019 11:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you enabled below GPO on remote desktop clients?

Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Connection Client\RemoteFX USB Device Redirection.

Allow RDP redirection of other supported RemoteFX USB devices from this computer.--->Enabled

Reference links:

1.https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2008-R2-and-2008/ff817579(v=ws.10)#to-enable-usb-redirection-in-the-default-domain-group-policy-setting

2.https://workspot.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/214248563-Configuring-USB-Redirection-with-RemoteFX-in-Workspot

Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best Regards,

Jenny

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 1:59 AM
  • Hello

Tryiet to set, but its same.USB redirection working, sound and mic working, but when i play sound (music) on remote desktop, i hear it in speaker (its OK), but this sound (music) can be heared in mic too. Caller hear me but also computer sound too.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 7:50 AM
  • Hi,

When starting remote session, there are three choices for playing on audio resources which can be chosen both from GUI or GPO.

GUI:

GPO:

Allow audio and video playback redirection

This policy setting allows you to specify whether users can redirect the remote computer's audio and video output in a Remote Desktop Services session.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2008-R2-and-2008/ee791794(v=ws.10)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

Once you chose playing on local computer, it will redirect the sound on remote server back to your local computer if it works.

Remote computer redirected audio to local computer worked but when local computer was involved in a softphone call, caller from another end could hear the redirected audio as well. If audio redirection worked, there are few things we can check from RDS side.

Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

May I know which softphone you are using? Have you checked the settings of softphone app and headset?

Looking forward to your update.

Best Regards,

Jenny

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 13, 2019 3:20 AM
  • I´ve tryied it, but problem is also when I´m using Dell ThinClients. It doesnt matter if Im loggin in via PC with windows or Dell Wyse ThinClient (ThinOS) - same problem on both.

We´re using microsip, but i think it doesnt matter, because when Im playing sound, i can see in microphone settings (remote audio) that it hear speaker.

Friday, September 13, 2019 8:36 AM
  • Hi,

The settings I list are to ensure that audio redirection is successful and from your description the sound could be hear on local computer when choosing appropriate setting, which means the RDS functions well.

Or could you please explain your issue with more details if I missed anything for audio redirection and how is softphone involved in your scenario?

We need more details to narrow down and check if we could offer more from RDS side or you shall consult other support.

Please correct below if i misunderstood, thanks.

Remote computer redirected audio to local computer worked but when local computer was involved in a softphone call, caller from another end could hear the redirected audio as well. If audio redirection worked, there are few things we can check from RDS side.

Best Regards,

Jenny

Friday, September 13, 2019 9:15 AM
  • Audio redirection working. Audio (speaker) and microphone works great, but when any sound is played from windows, microphone recognize it and this sound is recorder (heared) in microphone too).

For example, I will record something. And now i will play music, and talk something. When I will play recorded sound i will hear myself and music too.

Monday, September 16, 2019 7:45 AM