none
System Resources Reservation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have a Cent OS installed on a Hyper-V server and I would like to know if there is a way to check on how much of system resources are reserved via CLI of the Cent OS for this specific guest OS.

In VMware ESx, I can run the below commandd to know the reserved values for CPU and memory reservation.

vmware-toolbox-cmd stat cpures
    16000 MHz

vmware-toolbox-cmd stat memres
    8192 MB

I understand that I can go to Resource Control section of the guest OS to view/modify these value but I would like to know if this can checked from a guest OS's CLI?

Thursday, July 18, 2019 10:16 AM

Answers

All replies

• As far as I know there is not such feature in Hyper-V. You need to manage VM resources on Hyper-V itself. What you could probably do is install PowerShell on your Linux VM and manage Hyper-V VM settings from that machine, but don't think that is what you are looking for. 

Microsoft Certified Professional

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Thursday, July 18, 2019 10:45 AM
  • Thank you for your reply. I would just like to check the reservation values and not to make any values.
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 11:33 AM
  • I understand, but unfortunately there is no such command for Hyper-V. 

Microsoft Certified Professional

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered"Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Friday, July 19, 2019 5:56 AM
  • Yes, I haven't found this feature in Hyper-V either.

Maybe you can also discuss with Centos experts over here:

https://www.centos.org/forums/

Cheers,

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 19, 2019 6:36 AM
  • Hi,
    This is Daniel and hope you are doing well!
    I haven't received your reply for a while, how is the problem now, if your problem is solved, would you please share your experience with us?
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help. 
    Thanks for your time and have a nice day!
    Best Regards,
    Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 3:02 AM