none
Server Certificate Revoked Message when using "personal domain name from Microsoft"

Question

• Hello,

We are getting an error after following Anywhere Access wizard.

We setup the server with a name like: name.remotewebaccess.com

When we browse for the server at https:name.remotewebaccess.com  we get the error is that the Server Certificate has been revoked.

However, we when I unselect the "Check for server certificate revocation" option in Internet Explorer we can access the server perfectly. 

Is there a setting we can make on the server so that we don't have to instruct all the users to unselect the check for server certificate revocation setting?

Thanks very much in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Reg

Reginald Hook

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 6:42 AM

Answers

• Thanks for reporting, investigating, will keep updated.

The problem has been identified by Godaddy, which is the provider of SSL certificate for *.remotewebaccess.com. They are working on the fix and plan to release next week. Stay tuned.

The problem has been resolved.

For the affected SSL certificates which has been marked "revoked", please go to the Anywhere Access wizard to re-setup your original domain (*.remotewebaccess.com). Through this process, an new SSL certificate will be issued to your server and replace the bad one.

Friday, January 16, 2015 6:13 AM

All replies

• Not sure why the certificate was revoked. Have you ever setup this domain in another server? Probably the easest way to fix that is to configure the same domain on your server once again, which will force it to request a new certificate.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 7:32 AM
  • I have the same problem on 2 sites

One new installation on december : mysite1.remotewebaccess.com certificate revoked (five minute after i install it).

second installation on january (another site) : mysite2.remotewebaccess.com certificate revoked immediatly after installation

I used 2 Microsoft live account / 2 different providers / 2 domains

I try to reinstall the certifcate with the wizard and the problem is always here

I try and retry... always the same

on IIS the binding is correct

time and zone on server are correct

would you have any idea ?

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 1:03 PM
  • Having the same problem, installed a new box yesterday and it is also revoked.

Released the domain and re-ran the wizard. Same error.

There is a problem connecting securely to this website.

This organization's certificate has been revoked.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server. 

You should close this webpage.

<noscript id="securityCert1">The security certificate presented by this website has</noscript>

Tuesday, January 6, 2015 2:35 PM
    Wednesday, January 7, 2015 3:03 AM
  • Ok, please let me know if there is something i can do to help. Logfiles etc.
    Thursday, January 8, 2015 6:49 AM
  • Hi,

same issue for me. Tried various names.remotewebaccess.com. The funny thing, it works from iOS devices

Thursday, January 8, 2015 1:54 PM
  • I have the same problem!

And the connection from Android devices works like a charm. Strange thing...

Thursday, January 8, 2015 5:11 PM
    The problem has been identified by Godaddy, which is the provider of SSL certificate for *.remotewebaccess.com. They are working on the fix and plan to release next week. Stay tuned.
    Friday, January 9, 2015 2:14 AM
  • Thank you.  Looking forward to having it fixed.  This must be effecting a lot of Microsoft servers.  I would have thought this would have been a higher priority.

Best,

Reg

Reginald Hook

Friday, January 9, 2015 5:44 AM
  • I am having the same problem, in firefox and chrome and opera it shows as revoked but it works ok in ie. When I ran a test against it one testing site said everything was good, another site said this: 

The certificate has been revoked. You should replace it with a new certificate as soon as possible.

Some browsers may think the certificate is not revoked and may treat the certificate as valid because not all revocation methods return revoked.

OCSP Staple: Revoked
    OCSP Origin: Revoked
    CRL Status:

Good

I have ran the wizard multiple times... is this also godaddys issue or do I need to do something else?

Saturday, January 10, 2015 9:49 PM
  • any news ?
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:00 AM
  • Just tried it in my lab and still appears to revoke new certificates.

Robert Pearman SBS MVP
    itauthority.co.uk | Title(Required)
    Facebook | Twitter | Linked in | Google+

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 3:24 PM
  • I am having the same issue, any news on an update. All the certificates look ok
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 7:34 PM
  • Same here, WSE 2012.  Just set this system up yesterday.  VPN setup also continues to fail but I suspect that may be something different. 
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 8:28 PM
  • Hi,

Any news on a date for the fix?

Thanks

Thursday, January 15, 2015 12:34 PM
  • Hello, Any Update on a Fix? 

Thursday, January 15, 2015 5:32 PM

For the affected SSL certificates which has been marked "revoked", please go to the Anywhere Access wizard to re-setup your original domain (*.remotewebaccess.com). Through this process, an new SSL certificate will be issued to your server and replace the bad one.

Friday, January 16, 2015 6:13 AM

I am having the same issue with WHS 2011 (*. homeserver.com).

Can I do this also with WHS 2011 configuration wizard?  Would I just run the wizard again using the same domain name?  Or would I delete or remove the existing first? 

I'd rather not mess this up.  Are there any instructions online on how to fix this?  I've looked and have not found any.  Just found this tread.

• Edited by glennss Wednesday, January 21, 2015 4:51 AM
    Wednesday, January 21, 2015 4:48 AM
  • Yes, you should just run the wizard again.
    Wednesday, January 21, 2015 5:42 AM
    can I use the same name again or do I need to use a new name?
    • Proposed as answer by tolbin100 Tuesday, February 10, 2015 9:44 AM
    Wednesday, January 21, 2015 6:09 AM

can I use the same name again or do I need to use a new name?

Use the same name is ok.
    Wednesday, January 21, 2015 9:39 AM
  • Is it possible that the problem came up again in August 2015? I actually can't reach my Windows Server 2012 R2. Running the wizard again had no effect.
    Tuesday, August 18, 2015 9:10 PM
  • I am also seeing the same issue on my server, just noticed it trying to browse to it using Chrome and it says that certificate is revoked. Went into the server settings and removed the domain and connected it back and it installed a new certificate from godaddy but that one is showing it is revoked as well within 5 minutes of setting it up.
    Saturday, September 5, 2015 2:32 AM
  • I am having the same problem on my 2012SE server using remotewebaccess.com

Rick Hantz

Friday, June 16, 2017 5:52 AM