none
DNS records are automatically getting disappear RRS feed

• Question

• ll entries from DNS are disappeared.Even if I add any new DNS entry, it is getting auto disappear after refresh.

Scavenging are set to 7 days

When I change users profile, it appears for a few days and again same problem occurs.

Arif

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 5:36 AM

Answers

• Team thank you for your help. Here what I found and fixed !!! After long time I thought it might help someone

Actually some super hero has set filter to find an specific record but filter was just enabled so no records were appearing. Removed DNS filter now all is well. 

Arif

• Marked as answer by azahri miya Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:21 PM
    Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:20 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Correct me if I'm wrong when you manually create a record as static in your DNS server when you click on refresh the next minute it does not appear in your DNS Zone ?

Best Regards,

• Marked as answer by azahri miya Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:20 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by azahri miya Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:20 PM
    Tuesday, June 5, 2018 6:37 AM
  • Hi,

Have a nice day! Thanks for your question.

Based on the specific situation, we'll need to collect more information to narrow down this issue.

1 Are there any other DNS servers in the network? Is this DNS server AD-Integrated DNS ?

2 Did the DNS server configure zone transfer?

3 Please check DNS scavenging and aging if it is configured correctly.

4 We can also check if there was any error message in Event Viewer so that we can find more clue about this issue.

Furthermore, here is an article talked about some reasons why DNS records disappear from DNS zones for your reference. Please try the following article to check it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/2985877/cumulative-list-of-reasons-that-dns-records-disappear-from-dns-zones

Hope above helps. If you have any question and concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 8:07 AM
  • Hi,

Have a nice day! Thanks for your question.

Based on the specific situation, we'll need to collect more information to narrow down this issue.

1 Are there any other DNS servers in the network? Is this DNS server AD-Integrated DNS ?

2 Did the DNS server configure zone transfer?

3 Please check DNS scavenging and aging if it is configured correctly.

4 We can also check if there was any error message in Event Viewer so that we can find more clue about this issue.

Furthermore, here is an article talked about some reasons why DNS records disappear from DNS zones for your reference. Please try the following article to check it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/2985877/cumulative-list-of-reasons-that-dns-records-disappear-from-dns-zones

Hope above helps. If you have any question and concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Michael

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

1. Yes there are three DNS server and All are integrated with AD

2. Zone transfer is not configured

3. DNS Scavenging is not configured

4. I did not find any critical error. Below are some latest event, 

"The DNS server recv() function failed. The event data contains the error." Event ID = 7050

The DNS server has finished the background loading of zones. All zones are now available for DNS updates and zone transfers, as allowed by their individual zone configuration.

Arif

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 6:11 AM
  • Team thank you for your help. Here what I found and fixed !!! After long time I thought it might help someone

Actually some super hero has set filter to find an specific record but filter was just enabled so no records were appearing. Removed DNS filter now all is well. 

Arif

• Marked as answer by azahri miya Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:21 PM
    Thursday, October 17, 2019 1:20 PM