none
Microsoft Office 2016 Pro Plus 64bit is a dice-roll as to it installing with SCCM package RRS feed

• Question

• So I'm...day 4 into being The Guy now for my company in terms of handling our images through Task Manager/SCCM.  My training was ultimately a Google Earth overview on all the individual tasks.

Bit of a weird situation tho. As far as I can tell, everything is roughly okay with the image script and packages and whatever we use. But, just today I ran the same image on 5 laptops in a row, and only 3 of them were installed with Office. I have no clue what the difference is and haven't pulled the trigger on just opening the laptops up, but a re-image of the same script will tend to install Office.

As an aside, we can't manually install Office "normally" in this company. We have to use "install upon first use" otherwise the operation borks. Does anyone have any ideas? The logs have a SLEW of warnings around the time I have to imagine I imaged these things (Another aside - I'm NOT the SCCM guy per my actual job)  With the deadline for Windows 7 coming up, I get to be Face in regards to who gets blamed here if we aren't ready.

Friday, September 6, 2019 8:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you using a Click-to-Run version or the complete Office 2016 Pro Plus version?
    Which version of SCCM are you using? Have you tried the following solution?
    https://www.systemcenterdudes.com/sccm-2012-office-2016-deployment/

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 9, 2019 8:46 AM
  • If you want to use Microsoft Office Customization Tool for deploy Office 2016 using SCCM , check this 

https://www.prajwaldesai.com/how-to-deploy-office-2016-using-sccm-2012-r2/

Monday, September 9, 2019 9:12 AM
  • The best advice here will be to look into the log files. If you are installing Office during a task sequence, take a peek into smsts.log on the client. Are there any errors happening during the installation?

Also, if you can share some more details on how you are installing Office. The more details, the better chance of getting help.

Finally, what is an "image script"? :-)

Martin Bengtsson | Blog: www.imab.dk | Twitter: @mwbengtsson
    If a post helps to resolve your issue, please remember to click Mark as Answer.

Monday, September 9, 2019 7:09 PM
  • As an aside, we can't manually install Office "normally" in this company. We have to use "install upon first use" otherwise the operation borks. Does anyone have any ideas? 

Martin has given you good advice. The only way to see what is going on is by reviewing the SMSTS.log file. You'll find that in the C:\Windows\CCM\Logs folder of an imaged device. 

My question is - what do you mean by this statement? It doesn't really make sense to me. 

Gerry Hampson | Blog: www.gerryhampsoncm.blogspot.ie | LinkedIn: Gerry Hampson | Twitter: @gerryhampson

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 5:33 PM
  • 1902 build for SCCM and I guess the complete Office 16?
    Friday, September 20, 2019 3:28 PM
  • Office literally CANNOT install if we don't use "install upon first use" option during.
    Friday, September 20, 2019 3:28 PM
  • May I ask what I'm looking for?  I cannot stress enough the only SCCM I've ever "gotten" was 15 minute overview when our Infrastructure tech threw most of the ownership of it at me
    Friday, September 20, 2019 3:41 PM