none
Script to change Print Processors on WS2008 x64?

Question

• We have a host of HP network printers on our print server (Server 2008 r1, 64b) that use the HP Universal Print Driver PCL6.

Also, we use the WinPrint processor instead of HP's as we find it is far more reliable at our University.

However, we have noticed that many of the printers are reverting BACK to the default HP Print processor.

Does anybody have a scripted solution (vbscript) where we can change the Print Processor's back to WinPrint?

Thank You

Friday, February 11, 2011 9:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to suggest that you submit a new thread in our Scripting forum for better and accurate answer to the question. The community members and support professionals there are more familiar with Scripting and can help you in a more efficient way.

For your convenience, I have listed the Forum link below:
    Scripting Forum
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/ITCG/threads

Brent

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, February 14, 2011 6:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to suggest that you submit a new thread in our Scripting forum for better and accurate answer to the question. The community members and support professionals there are more familiar with Scripting and can help you in a more efficient way.

For your convenience, I have listed the Forum link below:
    Scripting Forum
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/ITCG/threads

Brent

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, February 14, 2011 6:36 AM
  • Grab setprinter.exe from the Server 2003 resource kit.  You can use that to change the print processors.
    Alan Morris Windows Printing Team
    Monday, February 14, 2011 11:07 PM
    Answerer