none
backup device OS error 995 RRS feed

• Question

• flush failure on backup device operating system error 995(The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.)

write failure on backup device operating system error 995(The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request.)

I am seeing the above I/O messages. Could you please help fix it.

Kiran

Friday, November 15, 2019 7:19 PM

All replies

• Hi juniorkiran,

This issue may be  caused by a Virtual memory limitation of the Operating System on the system backed up. Please try to  increase the virtual memory of the Operating System. But please also review the underlying system error messages and SQL Server error messages preceding this one to identify the cause of the failure. Please also check the backup and restore medium has sufficient space.

Best regards,
    Cathy 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, November 18, 2019 7:13 AM