none
How to change logon / lock screen? RRS feed

• Question

• In Windows 8 you go to the right charm bar, click settings, the click change pc settings.  You're then able to customize the logon and lock screen.

In Server 2012, the change pc settings button is missing.  Is there a way to get to these settings?

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 8:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• Haven't covered this ground myself yet, but have you tried this feature:

Mike Crowley | MVP
    My Blog -- Planet Technologies

• Marked as answer by Stephen Olsen1 Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:45 AM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 3:27 AM
  • I use the GUI, and I don't believe there is a way to change the login screen, or any part of the GUI.
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 3:31 AM
  • It was the Desktop Experience.

Thanks!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:46 AM
  • I use the GUI, and I don't believe there is a way to change the login screen, or any part of the GUI.

You can if you have the Desktop Experience feature installed.
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 4:46 AM
  • Having to install desktop experience to change a lock screen on a server is just plain dumb.  This is a server that runs Hyper-V I don't want media player and all that other junk on it.  I just want to have the actual server name on the lock screen so I can see quickly which one I am on.

Back to searching for a real, and obviously non Microsoft solution, so I don't need to add bloat-ware to my server.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:08 PM
  • IT maybe isnt the industry for you, if you dont know what server you are on.... just saying...
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 1:07 AM
  • perhaps trolling MS forums isn't for you.   

Since this hit high in google search...the answer is located here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2787100/en-us

• Proposed as answer by Heinzi.at Wednesday, October 9, 2013 10:08 AM
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 7:13 PM
  • I got around this by creating a custom background with the server name on it.

I know it is not an answer to your question but it may be a temporary solution to your issue.

Tuesday, September 16, 2014 6:52 PM