none
WSUS: How to remove unnecessary Updates. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Member,

I need assistance to remove unnecessary updates which are already installed on the WSUS Server. This happened after <g class="gr_ gr_149 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="149" id="149">i</g> selected multiple Products for the Updates.

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 9:23 AM

All replies

• Did you try WSUS server cleanup wizard?

Gleb.

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 10:39 AM
  • I have tried but its not as effective as am looking for 
    Wednesday, August 29, 2018 11:08 AM
  • Hello,

Do you mean removing the updates which have already been installed on the WSUS server?

If they could be uninstalled, you can remove them by following method:

• Installed Updates in Control Panel

• If you point your WSUS server to itself or other WSUS servers, you could approve those updates for removal to uninstall them.

Good luck and looking forward to your feedback.

Best Regards
    Ray Jia   

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 30, 2018 12:45 AM
  • Hi Ray,

Thanks for the Reply.

But <g class="gr_ gr_48 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="48" id="48">i</g> am not asking about these updates, am asking about Updates installed for the Workstations on WSUS Repository, <g class="gr_ gr_116 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="116" id="116">i</g> have downloaded many unnecessary updates from the Products which are not even installed on our environment. i.e we have Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, but <g class="gr_ gr_264 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="264" id="264">i</g> have downloaded from Server 2014,16, Windows 8, 10.

Hope you understand 

<g class="gr_ gr_7 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="7" id="7">kaleem</g>

Thursday, August 30, 2018 4:16 AM
  • Hello,

Get it.

Do you select " Download ... when updates are approved"?

We need to confirm that what we are talking about, the metadata which show up in the WSUS console, or the binary files which have been download to your local server.

Hope my answer could help you and looking forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray Jia   

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 30, 2018 5:49 AM