none
Veeam Backup solution RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We already have a backup solution in place which is IBM Tivoli storage manager. We noticed that Tivoli storage manager is not suitable for backing up virtual environment. Since we are using this software for AIX, Linx, IBM I etc systems and databases.

Is it possible to integrate Veeam Software with TSM and using the existing tape library?

Regards

Sanjay

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 1:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Sanjay,

>>We noticed that Tivoli storage manager is not suitable for backing up virtual environment.

What Virtual environment needs to backed up ?

If it Hyper-v environment I would suggest you to backup VMs using windows server backup .

>>Is it possible to integrate Veeam Software with TSM and using the existing tape library?

It is a 3rd party software question , I would suggest you to contact the software vendor to get the accurate assistance :

http://www.veeam.com/

Best Regards,

Elton Ji

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

Thursday, February 26, 2015 3:12 PM

All replies

• You can let Veeam backup your virtual machines and let TSM archive resulting backup files to tapes. Veeam has its own tape functionality, though.

Kind regards, Leonardo.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015 1:28 PM
  • Hi Sanjay,

>>We noticed that Tivoli storage manager is not suitable for backing up virtual environment.

What Virtual environment needs to backed up ?

If it Hyper-v environment I would suggest you to backup VMs using windows server backup .

>>Is it possible to integrate Veeam Software with TSM and using the existing tape library?

It is a 3rd party software question , I would suggest you to contact the software vendor to get the accurate assistance :

http://www.veeam.com/

Best Regards,

Elton Ji

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com .

Thursday, February 26, 2015 3:12 PM