none
Error Importing Driver Package "This driver has already been imported into the driver catalog" RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to import some drivers into SCCM 2012 and I keep getting a failed import and a duplicate driver error in the drivercatalog.log file as below:

This driver has already been imported into the driver catalog.  (CI_ID=SCOPEID_........)

How do I get the drivers into SCCM (have selected the option to add duplicate drivers when going through the Import Driver wizard in the console.

Thursday, March 20, 2014 9:38 PM

Answers

• We use this really easy method documented here. As SCCM creates a hash of a driver folder, if it already exists it won't import again. To get  round this, we make the folder unique so the hash is different. This does use more storage but when you deprecate drivers at a later date it is much cleaner.

Create a batch file with a unique name (we  use WIN7X86-Motherboard-Intel-DQ45.bat and similar for our driver package. Store this in the root of your driver package and make the contents...

PUSHD %~dp0
    @ECHO OFF
    for /f "tokens=*" %%G IN ('dir /ad /b /s') DO (
    echo. > "%%G\%~n0.txt"
    )
    POPD

..then run it. It will place a text file in every sub directory. Now when you import, SCCM seems them all as unique and you get a  nice clean separation.

Shaun

• Marked as answer by VKS19 Friday, March 21, 2014 12:31 AM
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 9:47 PM

All replies

• We use this really easy method documented here. As SCCM creates a hash of a driver folder, if it already exists it won't import again. To get  round this, we make the folder unique so the hash is different. This does use more storage but when you deprecate drivers at a later date it is much cleaner.

Create a batch file with a unique name (we  use WIN7X86-Motherboard-Intel-DQ45.bat and similar for our driver package. Store this in the root of your driver package and make the contents...

PUSHD %~dp0
    @ECHO OFF
    for /f "tokens=*" %%G IN ('dir /ad /b /s') DO (
    echo. > "%%G\%~n0.txt"
    )
    POPD

..then run it. It will place a text file in every sub directory. Now when you import, SCCM seems them all as unique and you get a  nice clean separation.

Shaun

• Marked as answer by VKS19 Friday, March 21, 2014 12:31 AM
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 9:47 PM
  • Thursday, March 20, 2014 9:54 PM
  • Hi MollyPebble, 

Thanks for that, worked perfectly.  Need to do some housekeeping so will be removing all other drivers and adding them back in this way.

Friday, March 21, 2014 12:32 AM
  • the link does work :-/
    Tuesday, June 21, 2016 1:42 PM
  • Working fine for me! 

Thanks a lot.

Paul Andres Pedroza Martinez

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 8:39 PM