none
VDI Setup on Server 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• I have been Using RDP Session Based Apps for a while and everything works great. I am starting to use a few thin clients so i wanted to install RD Virtualization (VDI). I went through all steps for the install installing Hyper-V making the windows template and everything. the i went to install the RD Virtualization Host Server. Everything looked like it installed correctly. But when i went to create the collection for it, it wasnt showing my template. Then i noticed if i went to role install this time the RD Virtualization host was not installed. but the icon was not blacked out anymore on the overview page. i tried in re-install that one role and afer the reboot it got to 44% then said could not install undoing changes. i looked at the server events and saw the following.

the remote desktop connection broker server could not enumerate the targets for the provider named null from the database

pooled virtual desktop collection name: NULL

Error Code 0xffffffff

and

an error occurred when transitioning from initialized in response to EvCreated (error Code 0xD00002FE )

Thursday, June 20, 2019 9:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please re-start system if possible, then, open PowerShell with admin permission, then, type “get-windowsfeature” to list all server roles, check to see if RD VH has been displayed as installed(enabled).

Besides, for the installation problem, if possible, please reference “Introduction to log files that are useful for troubleshooting RDS issues in Windows Server 2012” to enable RDS logging, then, re-product the problem, and try to find relate log files.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 21, 2019 6:20 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang  

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 24, 2019 1:21 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 7:30 AM