none
Intersite Messaging Service not starting

Question

• Hey Guys

After a Windows 2008 domain controller was restarted. the Intersite Messaging Service was not starting. This caused the intersite transport to be not functional from this dc. It seems the KCC was not functioning since the Intersite Messaging Service stopped. The Forest Functional level is still at 2000.

Any Assistance...please!!
    jk
    Sunday, October 04, 2009 6:06 PM

Answers

• Hey Guys There was an incorrect entry in the host file for the loopback address. This was set back to 'localhost' and the service was started.
    jk
    • Proposed as answer by Sloth8 Tuesday, October 06, 2009 5:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mervyn ZhangModerator Wednesday, October 07, 2009 8:03 AM
    Tuesday, October 06, 2009 4:45 PM

All replies

• -- What is the message you are getting while trying to start the service  ?

-- Whats the status of Security Accounts manager service ? Is it running  ?

thanks

Sunday, October 04, 2009 6:57 PM
  • When I go to the office tommorrow, I will verify. From what I remember, when starting the service....it fails with Error code 58

jk
    Sunday, October 04, 2009 7:06 PM
  • Allright .. Try running DCDIAG i think it should also fail will the same error that means The specified server cannot perform the requested operation.

-- Try running netstat -anob and check if there is any process consuming ports .Try killing the process and check the behaviour .

-- Also make sure Name resolution should be working fine .

thanks .
    Sunday, October 04, 2009 7:15 PM
  • Hi jk,

Please also check if you are getting any NTDS Events in the Event Logs related to Intr-Site Messaging Service like Event 1168, 1473, 1824.

Also take a look the following Articles and let me know if you find anything related --

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834317
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315182

Get back with all the info so that we can look into this issue further.

Thanks,
    Nitin
    Sunday, October 04, 2009 9:56 PM
  • Hey Guys There was an incorrect entry in the host file for the loopback address. This was set back to 'localhost' and the service was started.
    jk
    • Proposed as answer by Sloth8 Tuesday, October 06, 2009 5:14 PM
    • Marked as answer by Mervyn ZhangModerator Wednesday, October 07, 2009 8:03 AM
    Tuesday, October 06, 2009 4:45 PM
  • :-)

Good to know that .

Tuesday, October 06, 2009 5:08 PM
  • man thank u sooooo much
    Saturday, September 10, 2011 9:59 AM