[RESOLVED] BITS / DOsvc / WSUS and Windows 10 (1703) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Community !

I need your help concerning setup BITS in Windows 10 (1703)

Infra: 

2 DC (2008 R2)

1 WSUS Server (Windows Server 2012) configured for all of the computers (multiple LAN)

Over 10 GPO for pushing update with WSUS configuration and BITS on workstation (for targeting group system on WSUS)

80% of the Workstation are on Windows 7 and works fine (WSUS + BITS at 10kbit/s)

20% are on Windows 10 (Surface Pro 4 With Windows 10 1703) <---- ISSU is located here

The GPO for Windows 10 (1703) is configured like : 

BITS : 

- Limit the maximum network bandwidth for BITS transfers in the background : 10Kbit/s between 8am and 5pm

Configure a task schedule to limit the maximum network bandwidth used for BITS transfers in the background : Monday to Friday 10Kbit/s between 8am and 5pm

Ignore bandwidth limits if the source and destination are on the same subnet : Unchecked

Allow shared caching between peer-to-peer systems : Disabled

DOSVC :
    - Mode : Bypass

Windows Update :

- Set intranet location : My WSUS server

- Setting for Windows Update : 4 (download and install auto)

Sadly, Windows Update on my Surface Pro (Windows 10 1703) keep using all of the bandwith.

Temp Fix : I have fixed a limit on the IIS of Wsus at 8Mbit/s, so when the Surface is downloading update alone, she used 8Mbit/s ......

- i tried multiple admx dedicated for Windows 10 1703 but nothing Works !

- GPO is correctly applied (RSOP on the surface prouve it) but has no effect.

Any idea ?

Thank for your help ;) 

EDIT : 

Today i tried without GPO but with local strategy (New Surface with Fresh install of Windows 10 Pro with same settings for BITS and WUDO)

It doesnt work too .

it still using 8mbit/s ...  BITS not working 

• Edited by Mxyzptlks Monday, August 21, 2017 8:16 AM
    Wednesday, August 9, 2017 8:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Everyone 

Today it's working properly.... many of windows 10 tablette's downloading at 10kbit/s

in fact, it always worked correctly.... !

The true is :

When you click to "Research Update" in Windows Update panel, all of your BITS JOB change mode from Background (or high priority) to Foreground ... (THANK YOU MICROSOFT FOR LOOSING MY TIME)

The Foreground priority is not affected by the throttling GPO and the download use all of bandwidth ...

I have disabled the Windows Update Panel for preventing this !

• Marked as answer by Mxyzptlks Monday, August 21, 2017 3:11 PM
    Monday, August 21, 2017 8:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Sir,

This should be a client OS or GP issue ,not related to WSUS .

Could you please post a screenshot of following registry path:

Have you tried to enable policy "Do not allow the computer to act as a BITS Peercaching client" ?

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 11, 2017 8:56 AM
  • Hi, 

thanks for your reply and your help, here the registry from the surface pro.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/1109820

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/1109821

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/1109822

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/getfile/1109823

Friday, August 11, 2017 2:59 PM
  • Hi, any suggestion ? 

I trying to enable "Do not allow the computer to act as a BITS Peercaching client" but it still downloading at full speed ... 

Thursday, August 17, 2017 2:23 PM
  • Hi Everyone 

Today it's working properly.... many of windows 10 tablette's downloading at 10kbit/s

in fact, it always worked correctly.... !

The true is :

When you click to "Research Update" in Windows Update panel, all of your BITS JOB change mode from Background (or high priority) to Foreground ... (THANK YOU MICROSOFT FOR LOOSING MY TIME)

The Foreground priority is not affected by the throttling GPO and the download use all of bandwidth ...

I have disabled the Windows Update Panel for preventing this !

• Marked as answer by Mxyzptlks Monday, August 21, 2017 3:11 PM
    Monday, August 21, 2017 8:14 AM