none
Running kubuntu with enhanced session under HYPER-V RRS feed

• Question

• I successfully get ubuntu 18.04 installed under HYPER-V on Windows 10 Pro with support for enhanced session mode.  It's repeatable as well.

My issue is I really desire running kubuntu and I have tried a couple different paths.  I can't find in this forum or through google searches highlighting a successful path though.

1. After successfully getting a Ubuntu VM via Quick Create (Ubunti 18.04) I try to install kubuntu-desktop
      - I do a full sudo apt update and upgrade to ensure I'm running the latest.
      - I then run sudo apt-get install kubuntu-desktop 
      this approach does install the desktop and I can login and choosing the KDE desktop but enhanced session mode intially isn't available.  After a couple reboots I did get it to appear but after trying to login in RDP interface it eventually dies with errors
    2. Creating a VM from a kubuntu ISO image
      - this successfully creates a VM and configures kubuntu but no enhanced session mode available
      - I have tried to follow a few sights that try to explain how to setup another distribution for enhanced session without luck

Has anyone been successful with an ubuntu variant other than the available quick create?

Thank you

Sunday, February 2, 2020 7:43 PM

All replies