Windows Server 2016 Cumulative Update for Windows server 2016 not at all updating. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Support,

We are using Windows server 2016 for file accessing.

The issue is in the Windows update. 

The following cumulative update is not at all completing the update and it has stopped to 92%.

2019-02 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2016 for X64-based System (KB4487026)

Please let me know how to fix this issue and your immediate response and support is highly appreciated.

Thank You

R.Pradeep

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 5:40 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Open administrative Command Prompt and type following commands one-by-one followed by Enter key.

net stop wuauserv
    net stop cryptSvc
    net stop bits
    net stop msiserver
    Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
    Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
    net start wuauserv
    net start cryptSvc
    net start bits
    net start msiserver

Close Command Prompt and see if Windows Update works.

Also the Cumulative Update needs a lot of time to download and install. So we could try to install them manually to check if it works. Download the update from Microsoft Catalog Website.

https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Home.aspx

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 5, 2019 7:11 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 8:57 AM
  • Hi Carl,

Sorry for the late reply.

I have tried the following commands but it has not fixed the issue.

Is there any direct link available to download it correctly for the below kb.

2019-02 Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2016 for X64-based System (KB4487026)

Thank You

R.Pradeep

Friday, March 15, 2019 7:31 AM
  • Hi,

It's OK for us to try to install it manually. Please download it from Microsoft Catalog website.

https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Search.aspx?q=KB4487026

Regards,

Friday, March 15, 2019 7:34 AM
  • Thank you Carl Fan,

Thank you for provided the direct link.I have downloaded and Cumulative Update for Windows Server 2016 gets updated without any issue.

Thank you for your support.

Regards

R.Pradeep

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 5:27 AM