none
After Upgrading from 1810 to 1902, SCCM Client takes hours to install. RRS feed

• Question

• I recently upgraded SCCM 1810 to SCCM 1902 and also installed the Hotfix Rollup (KB4500571).  According to SCCM, there are no other updates and I'm on the latest version.  After the upgrade, I  noticed the deployment of the SCCM client is now taking a very long time; sometimes hours.  

When doing a client push, I confirm C:\Windows\ccmseup shows up within three minutes, but only a few files are present.  Afterwards, it can take an hour to four or five hours for the client to install.  All previous versions of SCCM were installing in matter of ten to fifteen minutes.

And I have already confirmed there is no limit of BITS on the SCCM server and/or on the client. 

What could be the cause of this slowness?

Bryan

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 2:10 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I upgrade my SCCM to 1902 and install the hotfix KB4500571 too, and I did a client push, it only take eight minutes to finish the installation.
    Have you reviewed your ccmsetup.log under C:\Windows\ccmseup\logs to see which step took more time?

And how did you confirm that no limit BITS on the client? Have you double checked the registry key:
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\BITS\EnableBITSMaxBandwidth
    Just turning off the group policy won't actually stop the devices from throttling.

Regards,
    Allen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 7:07 AM
  • Hi,

Has this issue been solved? 
    If the above responses help you, please mark them as answers. 
    If they are not helpful, Please share your experience and solution here. We believe this will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    Thank you!

Best regards,
    Allen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 6:38 AM
  • Hi Bryan,

As said by Allen, It will be easy to diagnostic if you check the ccmsetup.log and client.msi.log, the second can be used to troubleshoot client installation or removal problems.

You can also try to update the content of the Client Installation Package on your distribution points:

Regards,

SAAD Youssef

______

Please remember to mark the replies as answer if they help, thank you!

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 3:57 PM