Failed to install .NET Framework 4.5.2 Japanese language pack on Windows 8.1 (English) RRS feed

• Question

• Failed to install .NET Framework 4.5.2 Japanese language pack on English version of Windows 8.1.

I changed UI language to Japanese from English in Control panel on Win8.1. Then, I installed .NET Framework Japanese language pack.

However, the installer stopped installation and shows messages like an "Unsupported environment".

Is there any way to install Japanese language pack?

いとけん

Friday, February 14, 2020 8:38 AM

All replies

• Hi いとけん-san,

Where did you download .NET Framework 4.5.2 Japanese language pack?
    Please try this page:
    https://www.microsoft.com/ja-jp/download/details.aspx?id=42641

Ashidacchi -- http://hokusosha.com

Friday, February 14, 2020 9:49 AM
  • Hi いとけん-san,

Not sure which .NET framework version on your existing system as Windows 8.1 might have build-in upper .NET framework version. So please go to Control Panel\Program and Features\Turn Windows features on or off to check if you have upper .NET framework version installed or ticked. 

Here is the official article about installation caution. Please check it and make sure you not have similar scenario on your system.

All .NET Framework versions since .NET Framework 4 are in-place updates, so only a single 4.x version can be present on a system. In addition, particular versions of the .NET Framework are pre-installed on some versions of the Windows operating system. This means that:

If there's a later 4.x version installed on the machine already, you can't install a previous 4.x version.
    If the OS comes pre-installed with a particular .NET Framework version, you can't install a previous 4.x version on the same machine.

If you install a later version, you don't have to first uninstall the previous version. 

For more information, please refer to : .NET Framework system requirements

If my information is useful for you, please mark it as answer.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Joy-Qiao Tuesday, February 18, 2020 10:10 AM
    Saturday, February 15, 2020 10:19 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved? 
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.

Bests,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 10:10 AM