none
Hyper-V is not in a state to accept replication on the Replica server for virtual machine 'Servername' RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Server Name : TrustHost: i have 5 VMs, Host window is win 2016

Server Name : TrustHostRep:  host window is win 2012 R2

i had replicated 3 Vms from host to Replica. working perfectly fine that are on Hyper V config 5.0. 

now i'm trying to add another vm on replica that is also on 5.0 config. But i'm facing subjected error.

Any help ? 

Thanks

Thursday, August 15, 2019 5:00 PM

Answers

•  issue got resolved. 

i was replicating from  hyper configuration version 8.0 to  windows 2012 hyper -v 5.0.

I just upgraded my host OS to Win2016 and it starts working. 

as 2012 won't support HyperV 8.0 config. 

Thanks

• Marked as answer by SidMalick Thursday, August 29, 2019 2:21 PM
    Thursday, August 29, 2019 2:21 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

>> Hyper-V is not in a state to accept replication on the replica server for virtual machine 'Servername'

When you click Enable Replication for a Virtual Machine, it pops up Enable Replication wizard. There are some steps you should configure in the wizard, at which step did you encounter such issue?

Based on my research , this error message might occur if the previous successful or unsuccessful replicated virtual machine still exist at the replica server. 

Under the details of the error message on the source server a Virtual machine ID is listed, and using this ID to find the replication files from the previous replication on the Replica server.

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Friday, August 16, 2019 3:09 AM
  • Hi ,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.                   

Best Regards,

Candy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Monday, August 19, 2019 7:39 AM
  • Candy, 

Thanks for your comments. 

''Based on my research , this error message might occur if the previous successful or unsuccessful replicated virtual machine still exist at the replica server. ''

its new server replication so I dnt know how to delete/edit for virtual machine ID and i'm getting this error at the end of Enable Replication Wizard. 

Thanks 

Monday, August 19, 2019 3:31 PM
  • Hi ,

>>its new server replication so I dnt know how to delete/edit for virtual machine ID and i'm getting this error at the end of Enable Replication Wizard. 

Are there any related information in Hyper-V VMMS events?

I did not find any useful information about this situation. Also, I will continue to research.

If I have any updates about this issue, I will keep you posted as soon as possible. Your kind understanding is appreciated. 

If you have further information during this period, you could post it on the forum, which help us understand and analyze this issue comprehensively.

Best Regards,

Candy

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 4:34 AM
  •  issue got resolved. 

i was replicating from  hyper configuration version 8.0 to  windows 2012 hyper -v 5.0.

I just upgraded my host OS to Win2016 and it starts working. 

as 2012 won't support HyperV 8.0 config. 

Thanks

• Marked as answer by SidMalick Thursday, August 29, 2019 2:21 PM
    Thursday, August 29, 2019 2:21 PM