none
DHCP fail over between 2012 and 2016 - options RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody,

I try to make a failover between WS2012 and WS2016.

In my WS2012 DHCP server a have an option of scope 150 - TFTP server, but in WS2016 DHCP server this option not exist. So if I try to make a failover there is an error 20010. I workaround it deleting this option in WS2012 DHCP server, créate the fileover and then recreate it again in WS2012 DHCP server.

Question: with this situation will the failover funtion correctly?

Question: why this option does not exists in WS2016 DHCP?

Thank you!

Wednesday, May 31, 2017 4:40 PM

All replies

• Hi, kiril

>> why this option does not exists in WS2016 DHCP

It is a customizable option in WS2016 DHCP.

Please follow these steps

1. Follow the instructions in the New Scope Wizard.

2. Then Click No, I will activate this scope later.

3Right-click the IPv4 and select Set Predefined Options, then click Add.

4Click Add, then enter the Name as TFTP Server , Data Type is IP Address, Checkbox Array,Code is 150.

5 Open Scope Options, click configure Options. Type IP Address, and click OK.

6Click Apply and OK in order to see that the scope now has Option 150.

7Right-click the Scope and select Activate in order to activate the Scope.

Then you can create failover and test if it could work correctly.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 1, 2017 8:57 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 8, 2017 9:13 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Regards,

Frank

Thursday, June 15, 2017 7:06 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Tuesday, June 20, 2017 7:27 AM
  • This issue is resolved, but what I want to say is that if you a 150 option, you can not create a fileover, so it is a bug that Microsoft should investigate.
    Wednesday, May 29, 2019 8:32 AM