none
Hyper V manager and screen size vs remote desktop RRS feed

• Question

• I have a virtural machine on the Hyper-V manager. If I right click and connect, the screen is only about 1/2 the size of my computer screen. I cannot get it to go full screen like the remote desktop does, nor get local drives to work. I can use remote desktop, but only at certain places. At home the RD works fine, but at other locations it doesnt work, thus why I use the connection via the hyper-v manager. Any ideas how to get it full screen and also let me see local C drive on my laptop.

Thanks

Sunday, May 19, 2019 2:08 PM

All replies

•  but at other locations it doesnt work, 

Sounds like routing, DNS, firewall or some other issues. Might try from PowerShell from source and target. Also try enhanced session.

Test-NetConnection -ComputerName "192.168.49.142" -CommonTCPPort "RDP" -InformationLevel "Detailed"

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Sunday, May 19, 2019 2:13 PM
  • Hi ,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.                  

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:53 AM
  • Hi ,

Did you have any updates on this issue ?

Best Regards,

Candy

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com   

Friday, May 24, 2019 7:47 AM