none
Sharepoint 3.0 KB2596911 causes problems.

General discussion

• SBS 2008 This update has caused no access to Sharepoint 3.0 for ll users. I have tried restarting anything relating including the website and nothing shows as a problem on those screens.

Advice appreciated.

-------------------------- Many thanks for your time.

Thursday, July 12, 2012 3:03 PM

All replies

• SBS 2008 This update has caused no access to Sharepoint 3.0 for ll users. I have tried restarting anything relating including the website and nothing shows as a problem on those screens.

Given the subject matter -- SBS and Sharepoint -- I think you may find better results inquiring in the SBS or Sharepoint forums. Update behavior is generally outside the scope of this forum -- unless it's a *WSUS* update that breaks a WSUS server.

Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA, MCSA
    Product Manager, SolarWinds
    Microsoft MVP - Software Distribution (2005-2012)
    My MVP Profile: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Lawrence.Garvin

Thursday, July 12, 2012 7:34 PM
  • Yes, it finished the update OK. Thanks.

Saturday, July 14, 2012 6:17 AM
  • We notice that same issue as well.   The psconfig didn't do anything for us; however in the services.msc; we did restart Word Wide Web Publishing Services and all  Windows Sharepoint Services * to get the Sharepoint back online.

As for a getting the patch installed; still working on that.

Best regards,

Bryant Fong

Bryant Fong

Sunday, July 15, 2012 9:56 PM
  • Not sure what you mean by the patch. This was installed as part of updates so I think this caused the problem. Otherwise not sure what patch you are refering to?

Monday, July 16, 2012 7:32 AM
  • In our case the update did not install properly. We had a partially updated SharePoint that would not start. Fixed by downloading the individual patch (not windows update) and running. It does take a long time.

Tim

Monday, July 16, 2012 2:43 PM