none
Anywhere Access can't see ipconfig

Question

• Anywhere Access functioned fine for a number of months.

I do not know what triggered it, but Anywhere Access has ceased connecting now.  When I attempt to repair I get an error that the server is not connected to the internet-which is not true.  I have a static IP from the router and can browse the web just fine.

On the Anywhere Access settings page if I click the blue "More Details" button I see a popup that displays the Server IP, MAC and Default Gateway.  All are unknown.

I did enable Nic teaming, but am pretty sure that was after the problem.  The When I did I ensured the same IP address was configured, although it was with a different MAC.  

I have tried forwarding port 443 in the router to the server, no change.  I have run the repair many times, no change.  Any ideas?

Saturday, January 26, 2013 3:06 AM

Answers

• NIC teaming will definitely break AA. the wizard gets that info via WMI, and NIC teaming doesn't properly report the query.
    • Marked as answer by Aaron T510 Monday, January 28, 2013 1:51 AM
    Saturday, January 26, 2013 6:09 AM

All replies

• NIC teaming will definitely break AA. the wizard gets that info via WMI, and NIC teaming doesn't properly report the query.
    • Marked as answer by Aaron T510 Monday, January 28, 2013 1:51 AM
    Saturday, January 26, 2013 6:09 AM
  • Yep, that was it.  Thanks Cliff.  Seems like something the NIC teaming group needs to iron out.
    Sunday, January 27, 2013 8:16 PM
  • This is over a year old.  Does the issue still exist?
    Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:19 PM