none
RemoteFX issues with 3D graphics RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I am experiencing some issues with 3D graphics refresh on a remote desktop with RemoteFX driver. The Windows 10 virtual is running on a Server 2016 with NVidia GRID I card. The 3D software is capable to utilize the OpenGL renderer. Everything except the 3D graphics runs smooth and update rate is excellent with any 2D windows. However I am experiencing a strange behavior with the 3D graphics window. For some operations the window is updated instantly (e.g. you can rotate even large models without any delays). But some operations require a click of a mouse for a window to update. This behavior varies a lot, as sometimes every single operation requires a click, what makes the remote session impossible to work with. The behavior is not application specific and appears in every application utilizing OpenGL 3D graphics.

The issues are not appearing with the software renderer. The graphics became slow, but 3D window is updated automatically.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Anton

Thursday, January 12, 2017 5:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest you try to install the latest updates for RDS on Windows server 2016 to check if the problem persists.

Best Regards,

Jay

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 6:10 AM