none
Set time zone using GPO in windows 2008 r2

Question

• Is there any group policy in windows 2008 r2 domain by using it we can change the time zone of all workstations under the domain.
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 9:03 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

AFAIK no GPO is available for this but with Windows server 2008 R2 you got a new command line tool tzutil.exe. Check out if it helps.

What you also can do is to extract a correct configured registry key and import it with "reg add" in a startup script.

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation

Setting the Time Zone using Windows PowerShell

http://blogs.technet.com/deploymentguys/archive/2009/06/07/setting-the-time-zone-using-windows-powershell.aspx

Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 9:13 AM
  • How would you be able to tell from within a gpo what time zone you are in?  You would need some type of logic to do this, so it would require scripting.  Even then I'm not sure how a machine is going to know what time zone it is in.  Unless you had some type of device to know its current location.

--
    Paul Bergson
    MVP - Directory Services
    MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
    MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, Security+, BS CSci
    2008, Vista, 2003, 2000 (Early Achiever), NT4
    Microsoft's Thrive IT Pro of the Month - June 2009
    http://www.pbbergs.com    Twitter @pbbergs

Please no e-mails, any questions should be posted in the NewsGroup This
    posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 12:28 PM
  • It's hard to believe that a basic setting like a TimeZone isn't included in Group Policy. I don't feel 100% comfortable with the exporting registry workaround, I want a native Microsoft GPO solution thing for this!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 9:41 AM
  • It's hard to believe that a basic setting like a TimeZone isn't included in Group Policy. I don't feel 100% comfortable with the exporting registry workaround, I want a native Microsoft GPO solution thing for this!

TZUTIL in a tasksequence did the tric for US.

THis you canscript as wel.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 8:41 AM
  • You can apply GPO to Sites...
    Tuesday, September 20, 2016 4:51 PM