none
Disconnected login question RRS feed

• Question

• Good afternoon,

I'm perplexed.  I have set the settings to remove disconnected sessions and on some servers it seems to be working and others it doesn't.  All servers via RSOP have the settings being applied.  What am I missing?

Friday, June 21, 2019 6:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>on some servers it seems to be working and others it doesn't.
    Is there any rule/common about the server which is not work as the GP expired? Which is the OS version of your RDS system? And, if it is session-based deployment, how many RD SH? And how many collection have you created? 

If you have Connection Broker installed and configured, please check Collection Properties about Session, there are time limit configuration. As Group Policy settings will take precedence over the settings configured in Remote Desktop Session Host Configuration. If possible, disable relate GP first, then, using the GUI options to configure the time limitation about disconnect idle session, then, check the result. 

[Forum FAQ] Restrict number of Active Sessions in RDS 2012 and 2012 R2:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/00c2252b-8ec0-489f-8da2-07a434a9b5a2/forum-faq-restrict-number-of-active-sessions-in-rds-2012-and-2012-r2?forum=winserverTS

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 24, 2019 5:50 AM
  • Thanks Eve,

I'm I think it has something to do with these registry settings.  KeepAliveEnable and KeepAliveInterval 

I'm writing a script to see if that is the common theme.  Maybe Azure changed their marketplace image.  We don't use an image yet so we have been burned by this before with SMB 1.0.  Easy solution is to use an image but due to "Politics" that has been an uphill battle.  They are beginning to see why I think the way I do.  Experience....

Anywho.  Thanks for the update.  I'll post my results when I have them.  We have a large environment so it will take me a hot minute to query all the servers.  

Monday, June 24, 2019 4:18 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for detail sharing. If there is any more questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know. 

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 1:36 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang  

Friday, June 28, 2019 3:26 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, July 1, 2019 3:35 AM