none
How to set up a network profile on each network card separately?

Question

• Hello.

I manage servers with Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2. Each server has three NICs.

First NIC is connected to LAN - domain profile - it is OK. Second and third NIC is connected to data storage via iSCSI (different ip addresses from domain ip addresses) and this networks have also domain profile - BAD :-( I want for iSCSI ports to have public network profile. I want to separate them from domain network. How to do it?

See attached images. First picture is OK, second picture is current status :-( 

Thank you alot for advice! 

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 1:47 PM

All replies

• You might try;

Get-NetConnectionProfile

to find the InterfaceIndex number, then;

Set-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceIndex <index number> -NetworkCategory Public

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 2:23 PM
  • Hi,

Press the Windows key + R to open the Run box. Type secpol.msc and press Enter.

When the Local Security Policy window opens, click Network List Manager Policies in the left pane. Double-click on the name of the network connection you want to change in the right pane.

Click the Network Location tab at the top. Under the Location type, you can choose either Private or Public. (Network Location Tab may be the only option when you double-click on the name of the network connection)

Close the Group Policy Editor and, from the elevated command prompt, type gpupdate /force and verify that the computer policies are updated. reboot may be needed as well but check first with gpupdate /force

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. 
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    (nedimmehic.org)

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 2:31 PM
  • To Dave Patrick :

Yes, this is easy solution, but works for Windows Server 2012 (Win 8) and higher.

Those commands is absent in Powershell for Windows Server 2008 R2 (Win 7)    :-((

• Edited by gePard75 Thursday, April 13, 2017 10:30 AM
    Thursday, April 13, 2017 10:08 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried Nedim's solution?I have tested,it could work.

Best Regards
    Cartman
    Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 7:58 AM