none
Windows does not start RRS feed

• Question

• Hello: I shut down my computer after a day and when I started next day it does not want to start it appears black screen and do not run windows. I have to started many times to get starting. do you know what could be?

Thank you, Manuel

Friday, October 18, 2019 4:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Manuel.

Did you make any change after which the system started to experience this issue?
    Check the "System" log in the Windows Event Viewer to see if there's any record that could provide you with some information about any previously occurred error or failure.
    Check the integrity of the operating system's files. open an administrative command prompt and execute the sfc /scannow command; wait for the check to complete and reboot the system.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Friday, October 18, 2019 6:55 AM
  • Hello,

Try repairing boot records, using these steps:

1. Start your Windows 10 machine, and quickly shut it down before it reaches or if it is at boot screen. Do this two times repeatedly.

2. On the third time, Windows 10 will automatically display 'Your PC couldn't start properly' message. Now press Esc key for recovery options.

3. Then under Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot option and now click Advanced options option.

4. Under Advanced options screen, click Command Prompt.

5. Type following commands one-by-one and press Enter key after each:

BOOTREC /SCANOS

BOOTREC /FIXMBR

BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

BOOTREC /REBUILDBCD

6. Close Command Prompt and see if issue is resolved now.

Reference: https://www.kapilarya.com/fix-windows-10-master-boot-record-corrupted

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP. 

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Saturday, October 19, 2019 6:55 AM
  • Hi,

When did this issue start to occur? Before the issue happened, did you do any modifications? Or install any updates?

If you're having problems with your PC, the following link can help you decide which recovery option to use:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Best Regards,

Freana

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 25, 2019 7:32 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue solved?

If the reply helped you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 28, 2019 8:55 AM