none
Windows 2008 R2 Hyper-V host has low disk space on C: the windows OS RRS feed

• Question

• I shutdown a 4 VM's running on this Hyper-V host. It wanted to shutdown and install updates. The low disk error appeared.

The drives are flashing but the console is frozen for over an hour.   A  back up of the  4 VM's is a year old.

Ideas?

Saturday, May 18, 2019 10:50 PM

All replies

• What's frozen windows or Hyper-V? Can you clear some disk space? Have you rebooted?

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Saturday, May 18, 2019 11:04 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for posting in our forum!

1. Trying to clean up disk space and try again, it seems that there is not enough disk space to install updates.

2. What is the state of the virtual machine now? Can the VMs work fine now?

3. I cannot understand your description clearly, would you please upload your error screenshot?

Best Regards,

Daniel

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 20, 2019 3:02 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

If my reply is useful, please mark it as an answer, thank you in advance!

Best Regards,

Daniel

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:58 AM
  • Deleted unused programs to free up space and everything is backup. The C:drive has only 40gb. Looks like I need to move the VM's to another server to rebuild the C:drive

Finsup64

Thursday, May 23, 2019 3:27 PM
  • Yes, I'd agree. 40 gB was on the small side for 2008 R2 and especially if the VHDs are also on C:\

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, May 23, 2019 3:42 PM
  • OK, it's a good way.

Friday, May 24, 2019 1:36 AM