none
Two MS's often goes to Greyed out state RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have 10+MS and 10+ GW, out of which only two servers goes to greyed out state. It always happens even after I doing restart of SCOM service and clearing out SCOM health state folder. Please let me know what else I need to check? 

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 1:47 PM

All replies

• You should check Operation Manager event log for anything suspicious on these servers
    Tuesday, July 2, 2019 2:03 PM
  • Hello,

Do you remember any changes done recently(any Management pack import) after which this issue has started to happen? Also check how many agents are reporting to the specific 2 MS, are they high?

Also check if there is any data drop by checking Operations Manager event logs?  Also mention the scom version.

Check below link as well-

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2288515/troubleshooting-gray-agent-states-in-system-center-operations-manager

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 3:32 PM
  • Hi CryAz,

I find only two Event ID's being generated on the MS. Apart from this everything is fine. Please note that this is the primary management server which has 600+ agents tagged to this.  

Monday, July 22, 2019 2:05 PM
  • There are 600+ agents being reported to this affected MS. No recent changes have been done. This is the primary management server.
    Monday, July 22, 2019 2:06 PM
  • In the other affected management server, I could see 4506 event ID being generated often. Please guide me.
    Monday, July 22, 2019 2:08 PM
  • Are these management servers in the same datacenter as the SCOM DBs? What is the ping latency?

"Fear disturbs your concentration"

Monday, July 22, 2019 8:19 PM
  • They are in two different locations. As other servers are working fine, ping latency is good. 
    • Edited by Zikki_Asks Tuesday, July 23, 2019 2:42 PM
    Tuesday, July 23, 2019 2:41 PM
  • Are these servers members of a Linux or Network resource pool?
    Tuesday, July 23, 2019 2:58 PM
  • I didn't ask for "good" - how many ms?

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 3:26 PM
  • We have 17 MS in our environment including 4 GW servers. 
    Wednesday, July 24, 2019 2:04 PM
  • These two servers are part of all management server resource pool and Windows resource pool. 
    Wednesday, July 24, 2019 2:06 PM
  • Sorry, meant what how many ms (milliseconds) is the ping time from one of these management servers to the DB servers?

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 2:54 PM
  • Hello There,

Make sure you have connectivity with 5ms if this is grater than 5ms then you have to look into it. Since as per MS recommendation latency between should have 5ms. And are there MS physical sever or Virtual and do let us know if this happens on particular timing(s). 

Cheers, Gourav Please remember to mark the replies as answers if it helped.

Friday, July 26, 2019 10:13 AM
  • These are virtual machines. 

Ping latency is <1 ms. Which is good enough right. 

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 2:15 PM
  • Hmmmm....

Indeed Its good Sir.

Could you please let me know whether they are Virtual or Physical server.

Also do you have any error log now, be in it Event Viewer, and on Console.

Cheers, Gourav Please remember to mark the replies as answers if it helped.

Thursday, August 1, 2019 7:01 AM
  • Hi,

I am pretty curious..did you solve this? What was the cause?

Thanks and Regards,

(Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer" where applicable. This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognizes useful contributions. Thanks!) Blog: https://blog.pohn.ch/ Twitter: @StoyanChalakov

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 1:58 PM