none
Azure MFA with RDS only works when Gateway is Specified RRS feed

• Question

• I have deployed an RDS server with all the roles installed including the Gateway , this Terminal server wont be externally available i have a local Azure MFA server which is working i can get an MFA request on my phone with no problem 

However my issue is , this only works when the Gateway is specified e.g 

In the connection settings if i do not specify my gateway remote.mydomain The MFA will not kick in the connection to the Terminal server will just go straight through , which makes the MFA pretty much pointless if a user will only get prompted for MFA if the Gateway is specified.What i want to know is , is there a way to force it to always use the Gateway or force MFA to be enforced regardless on the sever

Has anyone else encountered this ?

Thursday, July 11, 2019 11:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am not sure if you have met the prerequisites when integrating RD Gateway with MFA:

• A domain-joined Azure MFA Server. If you don't have one installed already, follow the steps in Getting started with the Azure Multi-Factor Authentication Server.
    • An existing configured NPS Server.
    • A Remote Desktop Gateway that authenticates with Network Policy Services.

And may I know how you set up this RDS environment with MFA? Per my understanding, we need to perform configuration on Gateway, NPS as well as Azure Multi-Factor Authentication.

Reference article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/authentication/howto-mfaserver-nps-rdg

Thanks,

Jenny

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 12, 2019 5:36 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update? Please feel free to let us know if more assistance needed.

Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Jenny

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 15, 2019 6:43 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Thanks,

Jenny

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 2:53 AM